News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Started by cjkbug, August 05, 2011, 01:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

Been wanting to put one of these together for quite some time. It's a Fuzz Face and Rangemaster combo. I added a B50K pot in series with the Fuzz Face's input like the "bias" control on the Fulltone '69. I also added an order switcher on a 3pdt switch between each effect. I used a couple different russian transistors on the Fuzz Face witch are quickly becoming my new favorites in this circuit, and an oc44 on the booster. I'm gonna change the switch on the boost to an on-off-on to add another frequency option. I grabbed some old horror movie posters online to use as graphics and this one seemed to fit well. I also tried a new clear coat on this project. Dupli-Color acrylic enamel wich I highly recommend. 3 coats, wet sand, and 3 more coats and that's all she wrote smooth as glass and super shiny. It also seems very tough and scratch resistant.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

nzCdog

8) Very cool
like the 'ground bus', is that a road rage in there?

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's the ultimate classic combo! Isn't the "bias" control really a pre-gain fuzz? Is the OC44 your favorite in a Rangemaster or have you tried others with success? I'll check out that Dupli-color, I'm really not a fan of regular clear coat. It works but not well.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

Nicely done. It looks scary...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cjkbug

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on August 05, 2011, 05:29:59 PM
That's the ultimate classic combo! Isn't the "bias" control really a pre-gain fuzz? Is the OC44 your favorite in a Rangemaster or have you tried others with success? I'll check out that Dupli-color, I'm really not a fan of regular clear coat. It works but not well.
Youre absolutely right about it being a pregain control. I was referring to how mike fuller labeled or mislabeled the control on the '69 fuzz. It doesn't do a thing to the biasing.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: cjkbug on August 10, 2011, 01:15:29 AM
Youre absolutely right about it being a pregain control. I was referring to how mike fuller labeled or mislabeled the control on the '69 fuzz. It doesn't do a thing to the biasing.

This was incorporated in the BYOC DS-1 clone and I'll admit its quite useful. Haven't tried it on any of my DIY pedals yet but I will be!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals