News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Laying of Hands- EP Booster

Started by diablochris6, February 16, 2016, 03:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

This is one of pickdropper's The Laying of Hands EP-booster PCBs. I enjoy the sound coming out of this thing more than I thought I would out of a boost. I used a silver spray paint, but even after letting it sit for a week, it would still smudge and flake as I put the circuit in the box. Oh well, I won't be using that paint again.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

AntKnee

What paint did you use? I've found that some metallic finishes have to be sprayed in thin, spaced out coats or they never dry fully.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

diablochris6

It was a can of Rustoleum. It isn't a very thick coat, but I didn't expect to leave a thumbprint in it a week after I sprayed it. I haven't had a problem with other colors of theirs.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

AntKnee

Quote from: diablochris6 on February 16, 2016, 04:20:11 AM
It was a can of Rustoleum. It isn't a very thick coat, but I didn't expect to leave a thumbprint in it a week after I sprayed it. I haven't had a problem with other colors of theirs.

Ive had similar experiences with that brand. I painted one of my first builds with it, 3 years ago, and its still soft! I recommend the Duplicolor brand, from an auto parts store. Never had any trouble with it.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".