News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Egodriver volume

Started by thoml, December 18, 2010, 01:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thoml

I built an Egodriver that sounds great, however the volume needs to be at 85% or so for unity, just like the person who socket-ed the transistors & several other things to get their's functioning  -  I don't see how socketing resolved the problem other than the resolder of the components, so other than checking for solder bridges and resolder  that I've done already, what can I try to get it working properly ?  Here's a couple of pics, the voltages on the ic measure:
1 =6
2=6.1
3=5.8
4=0
5=6.1
6=6.1
7=6
8=11.9
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

jiffy

Are the values of R8 and R9 correct? Also check R4 and R5. Those resistors control the gain I believe, you could increase the gain by adding a parallel resistor with R9 perhaps something ~300K as a guess(the lower the value in the resistor the more gain) OR increase R8 to maybe 50K. Also perhaps a 250K pot.

Although there may be something else the cause, I haven't built this circuit so I'm unsure.

madbean

Even though you are running it a 12v the readings look really solid, so no problems there.

Probably the easiest thing to do here is change the volume pot with 500kB. Considering your voltages are good and it sounds right to you, I think this is the best solution (assuming you have used all the correct values for the resistors). I would check those resistor values very carefully.

Flaconsius

I got the same lack of Volume in my Ego Driver.
Even with Vol pot at Max, it doesn´t get so loud.
I´ll Increase R9 to 220k (or 270k) and check the changes.