News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NTD

Started by Leevibe, February 05, 2016, 05:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

You're this far away from springing for a single edged razor!
How's it compare to a Feather?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Leevibe

Quote from: davent on February 15, 2016, 12:47:47 AM
You're this far away from springing for a single edged razor!
How's it compare to a Feather?
dave

Haha! No single ended for me. That rabbit hole is way too deep. :) I do have a Dovo shavette, but I never use it anymore.

I don't know if the scalpel blade is sharper than a Feather, but it's WAAAYYY pointier.  ;D  And it's sterile! I think I need to keep a roll of gauze at the work bench just in case. Haha!

Quote from: pickdropper on February 09, 2016, 01:20:02 PM
We have a couple of those at work; they are insanely sharp.  Sharper than an exacto.  I've never tried cutting PCB traces with them, however.  I'll be curious to hear what you think of them in that application.  If nothing else, they should be great for cutting stickers and things like that.

As for cutting traces, I have every confidence that these #11's will do fine, although I don't think they're the best blade for the job because I think the tips would get hashed in short order. I think another profile would be better. But, like I said, they're a nickel apiece. Maybe I'll see if I have some old PCB scraps around that I can saw away on. If so, I'll report back.

davent

The Olfa snap away blades are pretty beefy, as are the handles,  work well on traces.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?