News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SDX2 : Put rate LED on footswitch?

Started by AntKnee, February 02, 2016, 12:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

I dig this pedal. So many knobs to enjoy. I wired mine for stereo.

Is it possible to jump the (-) of the rate led to the (-) bypass led pad and use it for the bypass light? Also, is there a way to dim the rate led while I am at it? Its too bright for my taste.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

AntKnee

Yar here be a schematic.
Still new to reading these, but I think I can increase R43 to dim D2 and connect the ground of D2 to a switched ground to use it as a bypass led.

m-Kresol

Yes you can. I've done exactly that. just lift the LEDs cathode (-) side and solder it to the lug of your stomp that usually would be soldered to the 'L' pad of the pcb.

Funny enough, mine works perfect at 9V, but at 18V the modulation isn't working at all, no LFO that I could notice. I hear something the rate/depth knobs affecting the signal while turning them, but once the are set, there's no modulation. Would be cool if you could try yours at 18V too and let me know what you come up with.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

AntKnee

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 03, 2016, 11:02:40 PM
Yes you can. I've done exactly that. just lift the LEDs cathode (-) side and solder it to the lug of your stomp that usually would be soldered to the 'L' pad of the pcb.

Funny enough, mine works perfect at 9V, but at 18V the modulation isn't working at all, no LFO that I could notice. I hear something the rate/depth knobs affecting the signal while turning them, but once the are set, there's no modulation. Would be cool if you could try yours at 18V too and let me know what you come up with.

Thanks! Did you also change R43?
I need to build myself a little charge pump box so I can try that. I will let you know.

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials