News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Liquid Mercury Phaser

Started by Timko, July 03, 2016, 10:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

This weekend has been full of rain, so I've spent the past couple of days boxing up some circuits I finished last month.  This phaser is fantastic.  There's a number of different sounds available, and the mix knob lets you blend in some subtley, something that isn't seen in most 6 stage phasers.  For a 2 circuit board build, this one went together fairly easily after consulting with some fellow MB'ers about how to use LDRs and LEDs instead of premade vactrols.  At some point, I may A/B some vactrols when I want to drop the money on these, but so far, I'm really happy with the sounds I'm getting out of it.  My only other 6 stager is a Bloodstone, and this is both mellower and cleaner in it's phasing.

This is my first tap temp pedal, so I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but I know a couple of friends of mine chomping at the bit to put this through it's paces.  It's really easy to use, and something that I can see being really useful.

When you're trying to design artwork for something that has the name Mercury in it, you can go with the element, the greek god, or the Freddie.  I went with the latter, and tried to use of Queen style fonts as well as a little graphic of him singing.  There's a lot of things stuffed into that box!

Drew Hallenbeck

Love the artwork on this one!
I ordered the PCB's for this and one of the Twn Peaks a while back. Finally getting around to sourcing some of the parts I need.
Can't wait to get mine up and running.
Congrats on yours, it looks amazing!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jimilee

Ahahahaha , Freddie Mercury, nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

drolo

Love the idea with Freddie :-)
Now make sure to record a demo of a ripping rendition of We will rock you !!

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

LOL Love it! Great looking etch.

Cody