News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fat Pig multi with Fat Pants Jr. and Pigbutt

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, January 25, 2016, 02:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

Built this one with my 8 year old daughter. She did most of the alcohol inks on the enclosure and helped populate the boards. I did all of the soldering but she did help with keeping the iron tip clean.

I put in an order selecting toggle and also used a small 1"x1" board for the 9v distribution.

The circuits sound really good by themselves and pretty awesome together. I'm glad I used an order selecting switch. It made getting everything wired up a bit of a pain but.... I probably would have wired the boost before the fuzz if I hadn't used the selector. I actually think it sounds better after the fuzz. So yeah, it was worth the trouble.

Wiring looks a bit messy, would have been nicer if I didn't have to re-wire the selector switch. (I had it rotated 90 deg) Still not too bad considering this was only my fourth build  :D
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Martan

Very nice! Definitely an ambitious build for a fourth one. Could you tell me more about the 1 x 1 power board? And tell your daughter she did great with the inks!

Marty

Drew Hallenbeck

I got a bunch of the 1x1 boards on ebay a while back. The holes are grouped in sets of three except by the mounting hole. (There are two groups of two and one group of four.)
Each of the boards in this build just have one set of connections for the 9v supply. I figured using one of these 1x1's would be easier than trying to stuff multiple wires in the terminals on the dc jack.
I used one to build a simple buffer circuit too. Could also work for simple fuzz circuits or anything with a low parts count.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

gordo

How about your daughter doing a tutorial on the inks?  Very nice work!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?