News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NAMM 2016 - cool

Started by madbean, January 22, 2016, 04:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Man, lots of good stuff coming out! I've been watching the TGP threads and there are some amazing pedals being put out. I kinda had to laugh a bit at the Chase Bliss Tonal Recall :) A good idea is a good idea.

juansolo

I've managed to ween myself off TGP completely. No bookmarks, no random browsing, nothing...

You will not tempt me back to the dark side...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

Right off the bat, the new mini Ernie Ball VPs look awesome and the "they should have done it in the first place" Digitech Trio with a looper built in. The new Ditto with the multiple loops looks pretty cool also.

I have lost hours on Instagram trying to stay up with the new NAMM gear.

Cody

Scruffie

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 22, 2016, 05:55:23 PM
I have lost hours on Instagram trying to stay up with the new NAMM gear.
You could always save your self some time - http://www.effectsdatabase.com/events/namm/2016
Works at Lectric-FX

raulduke

The new earthquaker stuff all looks good. They are on a roll it would seem.

Saw this demo and it sounded really good to me.

If I wanted a tape echo I think I'd just go for this.

Also, eurorack stuff has gone nuts (in a good way of course):

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

One of the ex-pedal-makers in I Dream Of Wires commented that he moved to Euro, because if you make a pedal with 19 knobs, no one is going to buy it because they won't know wtf to do with it. Er... tldr I guess I mean you can get away with sixteen tap stuff in Euro easier than you could in a stompbox :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Muadzin

19 knobs on a pedal?   :o

Anything over three knobs on a pedal is a waste in my opinion. Overkill. Except for maybe a 3 band EQ on a dirt pedal. Everything else, the less knobs, the better. MXR and EHX had it right with their one knob chorus and phasers.