News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Glitterrattii

Started by gtr2, June 28, 2011, 06:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Nothing to fancy here.  I went for the simple no label look or lazy look  ;)  My friends was the one with the nice decal.
I socketed the diodes (1n4148's for now) and the electro caps for dc filtering in the signal line are the audio grade Nichicons.
I forgot I wanted to use an audio taper for the volume this time.  O well it sounds great as is!

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

night-B

Nice build! What do you use to protect the Led?

gtr2

Its just a cheapie radio shack mount holding it in.  They work really well.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

nice, very tidy build. Is there a reason you use those enclosed jacks? I like the looks of them and want to use them but i don't know if i can justify spending almost twice as much as a regular jack. Where do you buy yours?
Pcbs no longer available

night-B

Quote from: gtr2 on June 28, 2011, 07:15:17 PM
That red thing behind the Led bezel made me curious

nzCdog

Awesome job... tidy as.  Do you use solid core wire?

Quote from: jimmybjj on June 28, 2011, 07:34:40 PM
Is there a reason you use those enclosed jacks? I like the looks of them and want to use them but i don't know if i can justify spending almost twice as much as a regular jack. Where do you buy yours?
I like those jacks... I got some from smallbear but effectsconnection hav'em too.  I'll never bother with cheap ones again, they are a moving/wearing part and need to be top quality IMO

gtr2

Quote from: jimmybjj on June 28, 2011, 07:34:40 PM
nice, very tidy build. Is there a reason you use those enclosed jacks? I like the looks of them and want to use them but i don't know if i can justify spending almost twice as much as a regular jack. Where do you buy yours?
I think these were from pedal parts plus.  I like them, but in a 1590b as shown here you have to space the solder lugs so they do not come in contact with each other.  You cannot use these in a tight box like a 1590a either.  This was the last of my stash and I'm going with a normal open jack fwiw.  They are a nice jack to plug in and out of though!  I've learned not to try to save $ with the jacks.

Quote from: night-B on June 28, 2011, 08:40:02 PM
Quote from: gtr2 on June 28, 2011, 07:15:17 PM
That red thing behind the Led bezel made me curious

Sorry, I don't quite understand.  It's just a orange 5mm LED with a black plastic mount ring.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great job, honestly I don't feel like this pedal needs anything more cosmetically. I personally wouldn't call it lazy.. ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals