News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A couple of questions for a deluxe build I'm doing

Started by Timko, January 19, 2016, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

I had posted last month about a pedal a friend asked me to build for him.  It's a Big Muff style pedal with a modified tone stack.  Then it's got both an octave up and an octave down, all of which are controlled by their own footswitches.  I ended up going with JMK's Paralyzer to run the 2 octaves in parallel then blend them back together. But I have a couple of questions before I start this.

1.  Enclosure - I got a 1790 enclosure based on a previous boxing of a Multiplex Echo Machine with a mod board.  For those who have done a 3 footswitch pedal, do you go with a 1790 or an even bigger box?
2.  Power and Ground - I have 3 effect boards, a board for the parallel of the octaves, and 3 footswitch PCBs.  That means a lot of power and a lot of ground.  I was thinking of using some stripboard to run all of the power and grounds to, then connect those to the 9v jack.  It seems pretty simple.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Willybomb

I like 1790NS a lot for dual effects, but for 3 footswitches I prefer the DD sized boxes just for the ergonomics of it.