News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NRGPD!

Started by cooder, May 01, 2015, 08:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

my own experience with receiving items shipped from Canadia to Nu Zilund is that they often seem to come via sailing ship, or rowboat :) hopefully your rowboat isn't too far off, Stephan

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

cooder

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 01, 2015, 10:42:03 PM
The Surface shipping method from CAN is quite painfull, no tracking number are provided even if you pay an extra. The only way to get a tracking number with CanadaPost is priority international and the cost of that starts at 40$ and that's for shipping a very wee box...

Otherwise there's airmail with no tracking, it's usually 6 to 14 days but the cost will be 2 to 4 time the cost of surface method.

I've sent stuff to Oz couple time using the surface method, particularly to Ben (guitarmaggedon) and other customers that where ordering many pedals at once, it have taken up to 3months in certain case for the package to make it.

So yeah... it's a long way across the ocean in a SeaCan on a boat that goes 20mph...  :-\
Well if you Canadian guys have that experience with the postal serevice and you're running this as a business then I would think it's all the more important to be swift about sending things out so there's no unnecessary delays that are in your own control, right?
And also I would think if the Canadian postal service is like that then it is only a sensible and professional thing to do your best to communicate that well about the options and make good decissions if untracked and cheap is reasonable or if tracked priority would be a more sensible choice.

But that's just me thinking obviously.
BigNoise Amplification

davent

Canada Post is in the throws of totally phasing out home delivery, mine ends this month, they leave a lot to be desired.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

cooder

Quote from: davent on May 01, 2015, 11:50:38 PM
Canada Post is in the throws of totally phasing out home delivery, mine ends this month, they leave a lot to be desired.
Apart from this becoming a "moan about postal service thread" which is really kinda out of our control and yes, even tracked packages can get lost I supose, I'd like to reiterate that it's a good idea to do the things that are in our own hands right in the first place.

So, thanks again to Brian for getting things communicated well and on the way.

The 72 days since leaving my shipping address with Jacob and the communication process I had with him was only to the smaller fraction in the hands of Canadian mail.
BigNoise Amplification

culturejam

Quote from: cooder on May 01, 2015, 11:31:04 PM
Well if you Canadian guys have that experience with the postal serevice and you're running this as a business then I would think it's all the more important to be swift about sending things out so there's no unnecessary delays that are in your own control, right?

I say this in the friendliest way possible:

You've already struck oil, so there's no need to keep drilling. ;)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

cooder

I have received this morning the parcel from Brian with all the bits 'n pieces for the looper, many thanks to Brian for sorting this out.
Looking forward to having a working looper at some point to show instead of a photo of an empty hand.
Will be epic, I hope.
BigNoise Amplification