News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wire Pre sale

Started by Donleo, March 30, 2015, 03:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 31, 2015, 03:29:34 PM
i definitely like it better than smallbear wire.

Good enough for me.  I'm down to try something new.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

m-Kresol

I have not tried it but your praise is reason enough for me to try it. I'm running out of regular wire anyways and if it helps to get the order running, why not?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

blearyeyes

I always mess up with stranded wire. Usually trying to figure out what I did wrong moving the board around and the stranded stuff starts coming apart. Now if I was a better builder maybe I would think it's the cats meow. I have some and it is good, just would rather not use stranded.

rullywowr

Quote from: blearyeyes on April 01, 2015, 12:18:54 AM
I always mess up with stranded wire. Usually trying to figure out what I did wrong moving the board around and the stranded stuff starts coming apart. Now if I was a better builder maybe I would think it's the cats meow. I have some and it is good, just would rather not use stranded.

I like it because It flexes like stranded but the strands stay together like solid.  No fraying.  It's the best of both worlds.  It is Especially useful when threading it through pads in a PCB.  If you haven't tried it, you will like it a lot. Beginner and experienced builders alike will benefit from it and notice an immediate difference i think.

Solid is easy to work with but does have a tendency to break after too much flexing. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

blearyeyes

I have used it and it is great. If you like stranded pre bonded is the only way to go. I have a bunch of Barry's wire and its great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

I really like it. I bought a lifetime supply of wore from chromosphere or I'd buy more. I still have quite a bit of Barry's hookup already also.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

Personal preference of course.

gordo

This stuff is awesome.  Everytime it comes up for sale I get 20' of each color.  Holds me till the next sale.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Schectadon

Barry @ GPCB needs another 10% to submit the order. If you want in on the $1.69/10ft now is the time.
Formerly known as TwistdDeth

Haberdasher

Quote from: rullywowr on March 31, 2015, 07:52:35 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on March 31, 2015, 03:29:34 PM
i definitely like it better than smallbear wire.

Good enough for me.  I'm down to try something new.
yeah it is really great to work with.  as someone esle also mentioned, i do wish it was slightly thicker, but even still it stands out imho.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

john_p_wi

FYI, Barry is running the special again, missed the pre-sale in March but bought a ton this time...