News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolfshirt octave switch

Started by matmosphere, May 16, 2015, 01:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

I'm getting ready to box up a Wolfshirt and I can't decide if I want to add a switch or skip it. I already have a few Fuzzes on the board that I'm happy with and the next thing I have on deck is a Mangler (Fuzz Face). Anyone have an opinion about the fuzz from the Wolfshirt? Does it stand out among Big Muff, Fuzz Factory, and Fuzz Face?

jimilee

Because its there is all the reason you need to add the switch...
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TGP39

Quote from: jimilee on May 16, 2015, 03:57:00 AM
Because its there is all the reason you need to add the switch...

I agree with Jimi. It's the octave function that separates this bad boy from all the other fuzzes. It would be a shame not to at least try it.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Lubdar

I've been messing around with the Wolfshirt recently, and I would say that I like the Fuzz just as much as I like the octave.  Octave is definitely harsh and brutally excellent.
(--c^.^)--c

Muadzin

These weird names for well known pedals, like Foxx Tone Machine in this instance, are getting ridiculous. I have to look up half of them on the projects page when they get banded about like they mean anything. Can't we just name the pedal by its real name? I know that MB has to give some of them different names for legal names, but for pedals from the 60's?

micromegas

Quote from: Muadzin on May 16, 2015, 10:39:28 AM
These weird names for well known pedals, like Foxx Tone Machine in this instance, are getting ridiculous. I have to look up half of them on the projects page when they get banded about like they mean anything. Can't we just name the pedal by its real name? I know that MB has to give some of them different names for legal names, but for pedals from the 60's?
I dig the weird names. It also helps to identify madbean's projects, as sometimes there's more people selling pcbs for similar pedals.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

madbean

Quote from: Muadzin on May 16, 2015, 10:39:28 AM

Nope.  :D
But, you can call it whatever you want.

televisiondown

I like the "weird" names. It's creative and usually funny. Keep it weird, Bean!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

matmosphere

Sorry I should have been clear here. I'm thinking of having the octave on all the time, like the build doc suggest.

I like the "weird" names, although I don't always get all of the references. I'm thinking of calling the wolf shirt Three Wolf Moan.

Mojo Fandangle

Why the ocatave? Because why not??

I'm building a Wolfshirt with a momentary footswitch option for the octave as well as the always on finger switch option.
You might as well get what you can out of the design.

As for names, I doubt Madbean care what you call them, just name them yourself. I'm pretty sure Brian wont sue you.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

matmosphere

I think I'm going to box it up and just add the switch later if I decide I needs it. I don't have the switch now and don't want to make an order for just one switch.

Nice avatar dalliius! Very Sonic Youth.

Bret608

I really like the fuzz by itself on the Wolfshirt...it's Big Muff-like but has a synth quality to it. I love sustaining a bent single note and listening to it swell. It almost sounds like it's going backwards.