News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Powder coated enclosures in or to Europe?

Started by Rockhorst, May 16, 2015, 11:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhorst

A few years ago, Ben Coles and Stevie1556 offered some powder coated enclosures shipped from the UK. Major saving compared to PPP international shipping (to the Netherlands for 10 boxes, including taxes and the abismal state of the Euro, it totals at about $25 per enclosure which is ludicrous). I'm having a hard time reaching Steve. Banzai and similar companies offer boxes, but only in very basic colors. Also, the Banzai ones are 'bulk' which means they are full of dings and splotches. I've tried that once, totally not acceptable.

Soooooo...the question is...anyone know a good supplier with reasonable shipping and a nice choice of colors? Or should I just start saving $300 for some boxes.

Muadzin

Maybe its cheaper to get some bare enclosures and look for a place that does powder coating instead?

Are you from the Netherlands too? I'm from Nijmegen.

davent

Quote from: Muadzin on May 16, 2015, 11:53:13 PM

This wandering Canadian spent a bit of time in '79 with a family who lived on Tolhuis, great family, wonderful time fondly remembered!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

add4

i'm also interested in that.

if someone would do powder coating AND drilling (and printing) from within europe i'd be seriously interested

Rockhorst

Quote from: Muadzin on May 16, 2015, 11:53:13 PM

Yesyes, Den Haag. If ever you want to combine shipping, give me a shout.

MacHeath

I'm also interested and I'm from Utrecht ::)

Muadzin

Nice to know there's more of us here.  8)

Quote from: davent on May 17, 2015, 04:09:29 AMThis wandering Canadian spent a bit of time in '79 with a family who lived on Tolhuis, great family, wonderful time fondly remembered!
dave
Tolhuis? That's not that far from where I live.  8)