News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Got to hear Midwayfair play out

Started by Leevibe, May 08, 2015, 06:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Well, not his whole band, but I got to hear Jon Patton play live tonight in Portland. If you ever get the chance to go see him, you should! I was impressed! He's a great singer/songwriter and an OUTSTANDING fingerstyle guitarist. I got to meet his wife and he hooked me up with a bunch of CDs. Thanks again Jon and enjoy Hawaii!

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

drolo

Have not heard Jon live in person but on youtube and he's indeed a good one. Also liked his tutorial vids about fingerpicking he once did.
Let me know, should you ever tour in Belgium ;-)

Luke51411

Stomptown

Wait... Where is his pedal board!  :P

Luke51411

culturejam

That's awesome. I'd love to see Jon live at some point.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

midwayfair

Lee, thanks again for coming out and bringing Brett with you. Hopefully we'll get to hang out some more this weekend.

I did have one pedal with me if anyone's actually curious. I slipped the El Capistan in my guitar case. :)

Leevibe

Quote from: midwayfair on May 08, 2015, 04:31:49 PM
Lee, thanks again for coming out and bringing Brett with you. Hopefully we'll get to hang out some more this weekend.

I did have one pedal with me if anyone's actually curious. I slipped the El Capistan in my guitar case. :)

Were you running it? I thought I heard reverb in a couple of the quieter passages. The PA was pretty lame so it was a bit muddled where I was sitting. I could hear well enough to appreciate how great your Larrivée sounds though. Also, do you use a Shubb capo? Couldn't tell from back where we sat. I'm a long time fan of the Shubb. I can't use a Kyser. They are handy but they destroy my intonation.

Stomptown

Quote from: Leevibe on May 08, 2015, 04:40:24 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on May 08, 2015, 04:31:49 PM

Were you running it? I thought I heard reverb in a couple of the quieter passages. The PA was pretty lame so it was a bit muddled where I was sitting. I could hear well enough to appreciate how great your Larrivée sounds though. Also, do you use a Shubb capo? Couldn't tell from back where we sat. I'm a long time fan of the Shubb. I can't use a Kyser. They are handy but they destroy my intonation.

Shubb's are definitely the best capo I've used.  That being said, I've often resorted to the Kyser for fast paced gigs where time between songs is limited since you can easily clamp it to the head for easy access. 

eldanko

What a stud. Fingerstylists FTW  :D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense