News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tube Works RT-2100 Mosvalve?

Started by HailToTheBlues, April 29, 2015, 01:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi guys,
So i've been looking for good deals in the used market around here, nationaly, and i came across this amp, a Tube works rt-2100 mosvalve 2x12, for a what seems a really good price, and i wanted to know if you guys knew anything about them, and also some feedback if you can give me some. The amp is listed here, but it's in portuguese so, it doesn't help much http://www.custojusto.pt/lisboa/instrumentos-musicais/tube-works-rt-2100-mosvalve-2x12-c-footswitch--16240292 it's selling for 290€ which this days is almost the same in dollars, due to the currency, is it too much for it, or is it a good price, since i've never seen it anywhere. So, any thoughts about it? I'm most interested in the cleans, so does this amp is any good in that subject?

Best regards

culturejam

I had the head version of that model. I really liked the overdrive tones out of it. It did both low and medium-high gain sounds very well, especially if you like preamp dirt. The power section is solid state, so you don't get any power tube breakup, but it also means the clean channel is as clean as you could want. Mine had a front-panel switch called "Stack" that would cascade the clean and gain channels for a little more compression and sustain. Not all of them have this feature.

For a 2x12 combo, that's probably a decent price. If the tubes are stock, you'll get a pair of very nice Ei tubes labelled as "Tubeworks". But look for the "Made in Yugoslavia" to be sure they are Ei.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

HailToTheBlues

I think the tubes are jj replacements that the owner asked to be installed, so regarding bad or unknown tubes, i think there won't be a problem.