News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Robben Ford

Started by bcalla, April 23, 2015, 12:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

I saw him last night in New Hampshire.  Terrific show.  He makes the impossible (or at least highly improbable) look so easy.

Cortexturizer

Fantastic player and a humble and pleasant person. Definitely one of the greats for a reason.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

micromegas

what a coincidence! I was listening to his latest CD this morning.

Love him, his blues-books are awesome and so is his music.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

TNblueshawk

Hands down one of my favorite players ever to grace this planet. In my top 10 list he is tied for 1st with the other 9.

Aside from being a 'favorite' of mine I also think he happens to be one of the best ever. Pick up one of his tutorial DVD's, sit back and watch how he loses you on his knowledge of the fretboard and his chops. He's stupid great.

I've always loved blues guys with jazz chops in there. Matt Schofield falls in this category. I can't say why other than my ears and soul love the mix.

And +1 to being one of the nicest and humblest of guys. What a pleasure and a rare find these days to have both these things and to be as great as he is.
John

AntKnee

Quote from: TNblueshawk on April 23, 2015, 04:39:23 PM
In my top 10 list he is tied for 1st with the other 9.

Well said.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

cooder

Yes also dig what he's doing and what a cool humble guy he seems to be!
Saw him three times so far, was always highly impressed and awed!
He even made it once down to Nelson where I live now which gives bonus brownie points for playing in smallish places on the edge of the world where the water gushes down into the abyss...
BigNoise Amplification

TNblueshawk

The one time I saw him was when he and Larry Carlton were touring together. He came into Nashville but they played at an old movie theatre south of Nashville. Being an old theater there were not many seats but there they were. They really couldn't have made that much money. Me and Ms. Blueshawk had front row. I was like the dog that gets all excited when the owner comes home and I think I peed myself multiple times  :P
John