News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another tiny pedal I foudn not worth building.

Started by icecycle66, April 23, 2015, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

I was inspired to throw this together by billstein
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=20920.0

While he clearly cares about his project way more than I do mine, I still felt like I should throw a 1590A together again.
Each time I do one of these I remember why I don't build these.

Anyway, to get everything to fit I had to employ my trademarked "Destroy-a-Jack"

After that it was just painstakingly careful drilling and frustratingly tedious aligning.
Another reason I wanted to stuff this into a 1590A is because I have a few laying around.  Enclosures are expensive, I can' be putting a bloviator in a 125B. 
I've been wanting to build the bloviator to see if it was something I was interested in.  Apparently I'm not. I don't really care for such a simple EQ, I already run a ton EQ in my chain and this would just be another thing I'd have to tweek.
I seem like I'm bitching, and I probably am.  But even with a build I have no real use for and will end up in the salvage box, I still enjoyed putting it together and getting a working product. I guess that's what's great about this hobby.   

cooder

Man that's a squeeze for sure! Well done!
I do like the Bloviator and don't wanna miss it in my setup, have you tried it last in chain before amp? That's where it works best IMO.
BigNoise Amplification

Haberdasher

i like the destroy a jack method.  i have implemented that idea a couple of times myself. :)

nice cram job!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

icecycle66

Quote from: cooder on April 23, 2015, 03:39:58 AM
Man that's a squeeze for sure! Well done!
I do like the Bloviator and don't wanna miss it in my setup, have you tried it last in chain before amp? That's where it works best IMO.

I haven't tried it there.
Admittedly I haven't put it through it's full trial yet, but I do have tomorrow off.  Hmm, what ever shall I do with my time?