News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ptp rangemaster

Started by cjkbug, June 19, 2011, 02:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

here's a negative ground, point to point rangemaster with a npn transistor and input cap blend pot. I built the main part of the circuit on a terminal strip and just freehanded the rest. I really prefer the blend knob opposed to a switch. this thing sounds great into a fuzz face. knobs are vintage '70's hi-fi salvage.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

petesz

k.rock!

Looks great!

I have a question...I'm a noob when it comes to using NOS transistors like the CVs you got there...why do I see transistor leads dressed up like that? Are those heatshrink tubing? Is it to avoid having to trim the leads on them or is there some other reason behind it?

BTW. Where did you get the CV7112s? Small Bear?

Haha I just realized I asked a GAZILLION questions...hope you don't mind answering at the main 2 questions haha thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

cjkbug

I got a bunch of these unsorted from a guy in Bulgaria. I used insulation from some 20 gauge wire on the leads and I left em long cause some times I swap transistors on pedals so I like to keep some length on 'em. The insulation is just to prevent shorts. The leads aren't very stiff.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I love it! No one will ever be able to tell what it is except you!
Have you ever seen the original LPB-1? Ptp apparatus inside!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Awesome man.. your pedals are cool, and I love true point to point circuits... I have an old ptp wired tube amp and it looks like an abolute birds nest inside!

madbean

Hardcore!

I've never attempted ptp in a pedal but this is inspiring.

What kind of buss wire are you using? It looks fairly thick.

gtr2

For the win!  I'm lovin it!!!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cjkbug

Quote from: madbean on June 19, 2011, 09:05:23 AM
Hardcore!

I've never attempted ptp in a pedal but this is inspiring.

What kind of buss wire are you using? It looks fairly thick.
20 gauge copper wire. nothin's moving in this one. There is one joint I can desolder to make it possible to remove the guts from the enclosure.