News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Catgirl Synth Stomp Box Adaptor

Started by alanp, March 28, 2015, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

http://cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs60_sba.html

I've mentioned this a couple of times, I think. But it's worth it's own thread. This module is pure gold, if you have stompboxes you want to patch into your synth and the synth signal is too hot, and the stompbox signal is too weak. Delays work especially well.

I replaced the 470R resistor that determines the gain with a 5K pot, far more usable.

The 1K resistor to ground in the from-synth-to-effect part, I also replaced with a 5K pot.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

peAk

Had I not just bought the Pigtronix Keymaster, I may have considered this.

How do your hardware synths sound through anything with a Belton? I have a BYOC reverb and a multiplex deluxe with a Belton and they both don't seem to work all that well with analog synths. I have plenty of software reverbs that sound great on my synths but I was hoping one of my pedals would play nice as well. I still have the RADD and Tenibrion to finish and maybe they will work a little better?

alanp

The rub-a-dub stock didn't amaze me. The Multiplex, OTOH, blew my socks off.

I didn't try the Tenebrion, though, as it was on my pedalboard and I couldn't be bothered at the time.

If the Music Thing Modular Reverb comes back into stock (and I have disposable income), I might buy one and a reverb tank (of the find-a-place-far-away-from-the-PSU type)

Edit, the Tenebrion is BLOODY AMAZING, and kicks shit-infested-kitty-litter over the R-a-D, IMO, but that is in guitar applications, haven't tried it in synth yet.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website