Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PS-1A

Started by alanp, March 22, 2015, 03:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: cooder on March 22, 2015, 07:43:44 PM
Quote from: juansolo on March 22, 2015, 09:40:37 AM
PS1A, I came to the conclusion last night, is the best phaser ever.

End of.

It's the dogs bollocks.
Man I that makes me even more keen....!
How about those power requirements... could it be run off 18V dc and the down regulated? How much current does it draw, would a LT1054 be good to up 9V to 18V and then run this off?
You guys have probably already thought of all those things right....?

The one that's coming runs from a 9v feed and has a +12/-12v DC-DC brick in it. Back when Cleggy and I were messing around with the circuit we couldn't get any other charge pump to work satisfactorily with it. Tried singles, tried doubles. All brought issues. The brick was the only solution that worked flawlessly and allowed us to run it from ye olde 9vDC supply.

Put it this way, Mine and Cleggy's pedals have been apart and tweaked/changed so many times, they rattle ;) I've got all sorts of foam pads in there to stop it doing it... But it did mean everything is tested, works and we know how good this bad-boy is going to sound.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

cooder

Quote from: juansolo on March 23, 2015, 09:41:47 PM
Quote from: cooder on March 22, 2015, 07:43:44 PM

End of.

It's the dogs bollocks.
Man I that makes me even more keen....!
How about those power requirements... could it be run off 18V dc and the down regulated? How much current does it draw, would a LT1054 be good to up 9V to 18V and then run this off?
You guys have probably already thought of all those things right....?

The one that's coming runs from a 9v feed and has a +12/-12v DC-DC brick in it. Back when Cleggy and I were messing around with the circuit we couldn't get any other charge pump to work satisfactorily with it. Tried singles, tried doubles. All brought issues. The brick was the only solution that worked flawlessly and allowed us to run it from ye olde 9vDC supply.

Put it this way, Mine and Cleggy's pedals have been apart and tweaked/changed so many times, they rattle ;) I've got all sorts of foam pads in there to stop it doing it... But it did mean everything is tested, works and we know how good this bad-boy is going to sound.
That's awesome I'm certainly in for a 9V version! Superduper!
Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in!
BigNoise Amplification

Jebus

End of.

It's the dogs bollocks.

I don't usually like phasers, but now I'm interested. Is there a demo coming?  :P

wgc

Wow, that's awesome!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings