News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New PRS Vela

Started by raulduke, March 11, 2015, 05:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Quote from: raulduke on March 12, 2015, 01:02:37 PM
The 'blingness' of PRS guitars has always put me off.

Can't be doing with acqua transparent finishes, AAA+ flame book matched top, bird inlays, fancy schmancy stuff.

I like the look of some of the S2 series though. The Starla with bigsby also looks nice.

I think PRS reputation for quality stands out. You don't hear about many lemon PRS's  :)

I agree. Even the Korean SE series put many domestic guitars to shame in the US. I feel guilty charging people for a setup on them as they are often damn near perfect right out of the box.

Cortexturizer

Looking great!
Interesting that there is much love for the Mira, I noticed it right away as well, great looking guitar and works great.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

jubal81

Quote from: pryde on March 12, 2015, 01:21:06 PM
Quote from: raulduke on March 12, 2015, 01:02:37 PM
The 'blingness' of PRS guitars has always put me off.

Can't be doing with acqua transparent finishes, AAA+ flame book matched top, bird inlays, fancy schmancy stuff.

I like the look of some of the S2 series though. The Starla with bigsby also looks nice.

I think PRS reputation for quality stands out. You don't hear about many lemon PRS's  :)

I agree. Even the Korean SE series put many domestic guitars to shame in the US. I feel guilty charging people for a setup on them as they are often damn near perfect right out of the box.

Hardly ever visit guitar stores any more, but dropped in the other day and there were two import PRS on the wall. Best playing guitars in the whole place, and there were some very high end guitars in there. Felt like quality instruments, too.

I can't get past how they look, though. To my eye, they were also among the worst-looking in the place.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair