News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How Do I Make My Guitar....

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, June 15, 2011, 03:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

Sound Like This Guy! Holy crap he has the nastiest fuzzrite!!!

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

FredGarvin

Very nasty indeed. I like the guy painting on the women's body... :P

Maybe boost your treble, lose the bass, and just crank her up with a fuzz pedal, don't forget the wah, and feedback.  ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

It is fun to watch I'll admit! I'm sure his tone also comes from time era recording techniques.

I built DF's vero silicon fuzzrite so I'm all in the spirit of the fuzzrite at the moment. Found some very informative threads on DIYSB using the search function (my friend).  ;D The unit was super noisy with both knobs cranked so off to searching for a solution. And I'll say I found that solution plus a handful of mods, got turned on to gus's ritefuzz and RNFR's green bomb fuzz! Not to mention a nice music discussion involving pre-satisfaction(1965) examples of people using a fuzz. This guy was mentioned as well as the ventures 2000 pound bee!  :)

I've got DF's layout under control, still a few things try and tweak but I got it sounding nasssty raunchy a la Iron Butterfly but with out all that horrible noise hiss and radio reception I got at first! I must say its quite an easy circuit to play with and the silicon version takes all your normal NPN transistors. I have BC109c in mine right now and I'm diggin it very much. But I wanna build the other two before I go for the Germ version.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals