News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sabretooth Build

Started by raulduke, June 23, 2011, 02:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

This is a Woolly Mammoth build I have done for someone.

He chose the name, not me  ;)

Sounds brilliant on bass.

It also sounds good on guitar, but only if all you want to play is that riff from the James Bond song that Jack White and Alicia Keys did!

Pretty pleased with the wiring on this one. I bought a D*A*M Meathead so I am trying to match the neatness of their wiring!

k.rock!

haha whoa! I love it man! Looks great!! Both inside and out. Beautiful build! ;)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice job! I like how you decorated the outside of it. That's a pretty fitting name for this pedal. It is looking very neat inside also.
I just finished mine too and I like it for guitar. Haven't tried it on bass yet but I'm more into the super fat fuzz sound than I thought I would be. Almost makes my Strat sound like a Les Paul. And the pinch knob is totally wild!!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

stecykmi

nice build. i love this circuit, it's my favorite bass distortion.

how'd you do the lettering? brush? i found these neat little paint pens for car touch-ups at the hardware store which i found to be great for little lettering like that, worth checking out if you do a lot of pedals with this style of painting.

raulduke

Yeah mate I use a brush and enamel paint.

I haven't really bothered trying to use pens or decals etc as I quite enjoy painting by (shaky) hand! Call me a sadist ha ha  :D

nzCdog

dwstanford

This is a great looking build. I love the hand painted look. (except when zvex does it).  Just kidding.  I'm gonna build another one of these soon.  I may steal your layout. 8)

petesz

I really like the hand painted script man, very well done, it looks pro. cool green colour too. heres another project to add the the buying list aha.

TheCobbenator

Looking sharp! I just finished building 2 of these for other ppl. I used the same layout with knobs/layout and LEDs. I only have my bass and the bassist in my band's basses sitting around, both of which are active. Which is apparently a problem for this pedal. So for the time being, at least, I like it better with guitar.