News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

That moment when you realize...

Started by Luke51411, March 08, 2015, 03:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

That you don't actually have 2 broken amps but rather probably just a cold solder joint in your guitar wiring after tearing apart one amp multiple times and racking my brain as to what could be wrong.

culturejam

I once spent hours figuring out what was wrong with my amp, then guitar. Then amps and guitars. Then I thought, "Surely, it's not the cable." But indeed, it was the cable.  :-\
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

stecykmi

electronics can be really mean sometimes

midwayfair

Quote from: culturejam on March 08, 2015, 04:47:43 PM
I once spent hours figuring out what was wrong with my amp, then guitar. Then amps and guitars. Then I thought, "Surely, it's not the cable." But indeed, it was the cable.  :-\

I spent almost an entire weekend trying to repair an amp and it turned out to be the speaker cable.  :-[

juansolo

Had it happen so many times now that I always rule out the cable first (different cable) and guitar jack (different guitar), before I start to panic.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Luke51411

I actually think one of my amps does have an intermittent issue which doesn't help but when both started doing the same thing I got suspicious.

electrosonic

I had a cracked solder joint on a Fender amp that made a odd distortion only when I played an Eb.

Took me forever to find.

Andrew.

Luke51411

Quote from: electrosonic on March 09, 2015, 12:09:47 AM
I had a cracked solder joint on a Fender amp that made a odd distortion only when I played an Eb.

Took me forever to find.

Andrew.
Yeah I had that on the input jack before and fixed that now it gives that distortion once and a while I smack it and it works again but now I'm getting static from my guitar I think. I should look at the input jack but I don't really feel like taking anything apart because I'm waiting on new pups to install sometime this week, I'll just take care of it then hopefully.