News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FatPants (EchoPlex Boost)

Started by rjkanejr, June 10, 2011, 02:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjkanejr

My second madbean build and third build overall.  This was a pretty easy build except the pedal doesn't work!  UGH!  I think I have a wire crossed somewhere or possibly one of the wires solder to the FAT pot is grounding to the case ( I noticed I had clipped it back enough).  Not really sure but will figure it out tonight.  I wasn't sure how to wire up the LED so I wired everything up, then stuck the board on the LED and soldered the board right to the LED.  Still had to put a 3M pad underneath the board to prevent it from touching the pot underneath.  The other odd thing is that it doesn't work on battery and I am pretty sure that I have it wired in properly.  I never use battery anyway but it bothers me that it doesn't work.

So - any ideas on what I can check as to why this is not working?  I have no sound bypassed or on.  I also am pretty sure that I have the input jack wired right.  I learned from my Glitteratti build which side terminals to wire up on the enclosed Neutrik jack.

[attachment deleted by admin]

rjkanejr

I was reviewing things and checking out pictures of my Glitteratti build and I think I figured it out.  I did it AGAIN!  I think that I soldered the wires to the Neutrik jack on the wrong side which definitely explains why I have no sound bypassed or on.  Should be an easy resolder job tonight and I'll let you all know how it sounds.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Hope you got it figured out! The finish you have there looks great.
I just finished mine last night and I love it. I can understand why everyone just ends up leaving it on.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

rjkanejr

That was it.  I soldered the wires to the wrong side of the Neutrik jack.  It's tough looking at things backwards, left is right and up is down.  I rewired and BOOM!  The battery works too.  Thanks for the complements.  I had a rough time with the waterslides on my last build but this one went better and coated better when I applied the clear layer over the decal.  I also grounded the output jack since it is plastic surround and this thing sings!  I will definitely leave it on all the time.  It really adds depth to the tone.

nzCdog

Nice job dude, glad you solved your problem... I really want to build one of these :)