News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Echo Rich

Started by Luke51411, February 28, 2015, 07:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Multiplex jr. A couple of firsts, first custom build requested by someone else (a paying customer! Haha). This is also my first time using millenium bypass. The switch I had in there was giving a lot of pop so I tried out millenium on Jon's oshpark board and it works great!

He wanted dial indicators but I sort of messed up and made them too small. I had to use different knobs and it sort of works but I'm going to redo the graphics for him. He wanted the pedal sooner though so I just threw it together as is.
The guts were prettier... Until I had to swap out the switch...

bcalla

Looks great!  You'll have a happy customer.

Luke51411

Yeah I hope. He wants me to build a line of them that he can sell and he wants me to come down in price for future builds... Which isn't happening... Oh well, I've been up front with him.

Leevibe

Looking great! How does that naked vactrol setup work?

Cortexturizer

awesome looking thing! love it
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Luke51411

Quote from: Leevibe on February 28, 2015, 09:59:31 PM
Looking great! How does that naked vactrol setup work?
It works good, I have to finish that yet, solder it down and heat shrink it. I was doing some experimenting with ldr and LEDs

Hogharry

Looks great!  ;D With the pot spacing in the top row you can't make the indicators on the decal any bigger, so it looks like smaller knobs, no indicators or leave it as it is.

Hang in there on the price, it's easy to undercharge.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Luke51411

Quote from: Hogharry on February 28, 2015, 11:39:51 PM
Looks great!  ;D With the pot spacing in the top row you can't make the indicators on the decal any bigger, so it looks like smaller knobs, no indicators or leave it as it is.

Hang in there on the price, it's easy to undercharge.
Well I think they would look alright with the edges overlapping if done right. Yeah I'm not budging on the price. He said he needs to buy at 40 percent of what he would sell it for... I'm like umm... No... The gall of some people. Oh well.

gtr2

Looks great IMO!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimilee

Those knobs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on March 01, 2015, 02:47:24 AM
Those knobs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As in you like them or they bring back memories you'd rather stay hidden? Haha I have a bunch of them if you want some.

diablochris6

Great job. I like the layout and knobs as well. The Multiplex Jr. is a great delay circuit.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here