News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sunking with 8 position diode switch board

Started by cjkbug, June 07, 2011, 05:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

here's a custom build I finished last month. it's a sunking with a daughter board with 8 different clipping options selectable with an 8 position dip switch done on perfboard. I've got a few oddball ge diodes. in60's,bat 41's, some nos turquoise leds. a pair of mosfets with a 1n34a in series. etc. all the options sound surprisingly different. the only option I don't like is no clippers.

It's housed in a 125bb. finished with interference paint that shifts color from green to purple. The pinup on the decal is a painting by Gil Elvegren. He's my favorite pinup artist. the girl resembles the owners wife who is of German decent like the girl in the painting. he had the pedal named after her. it is finished with several coats of clear lacquer, wet sanded to 2000 grit and buffed to a mirror shine.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

sprayfe

petesz

cjkbug

I gotta see if I have some in focus gut shots.

night-B

The battery door is such a great idea! How did you managed to cut the hole for that? a dremel maybe? ???

jkokura

brilliant. Both in function and appearance. Well done.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

slimtriggers

Man, I love Gil Elvgren!  Great looking pedal 8)

jtn191

just killer. If you say switching diodes has that big of an effect, I'm building my next one like that!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Very nice job indeed! That LED is huge!  :o
The clipping option sounds like such a great addition. Did you see that one guy that mounted his DIP switch so it could be adjusted from the outside!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 08, 2011, 03:14:07 PM
Very nice job indeed! That LED is huge!  :o
The clipping option sounds like such a great addition. Did you see that one guy that mounted his DIP switch so it could be adjusted from the outside!
I thought of doing that but I need to find a cleaner way than using a dremel. maybe drill the hole out and file to shape. how did he mount it? I'm not a fan of hot glue.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

that's a neat way to go. epoxy makes repairs difficult. I'd install it on vero with the switch on 1 side and the diodes on the copper side with it screwed through the side wall of the enclosure. I started a sunking last night and I think I might try the Bean's switch option on 2 push pull pots.

nzCdog

Nice Job man, your wiring makes tasty viewing