News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Remote bypass options

Started by Luke51411, February 13, 2015, 05:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I'm building a box for a guy that wants to have the option to have a stomp arbitrarily far away from the box. What are the options there? Obviously planning on a switched contact jack and assuming the common bypass system would be out. I can see how it could be done with relay switching easily. Could it be done with 1 cable if optical bypass is used? Are there other options?

Thomas_H

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 13, 2015, 05:55:08 AM
I'm building a box for a guy that wants to have the option to have a stomp arbitrarily far away from the box. What are the options there? Obviously planning on a switched contact jack and assuming the common bypass system would be out. I can see how it could be done with relay switching easily. Could it be done with 1 cable if optical bypass is used? Are there other options?
Optical bypass would be vodoo-style like Joshs Optotron? You need a 2PDT for this.
Almost all relay switching tha have a momentary switch to ground would work.
Depending on cable length you may need additional filters to avoid unwanted switching by interferring RF.
And at least a protection diode to keep your uC alive when plugging in wrong cables :-)
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Luke51411

Yeah Josh's was what I was thinking. I kinda figured that would be out but wasn't sure. Thanks for the input. Would a protection diode go in series with the line out?