News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Something Inspirational.....

Started by peterc, February 13, 2015, 03:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

I didn't knew Maurice from The IT Crowd played guitar.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

billstein

Thanks for sharing this. I so admire real artisans like this. We have lost so much soul in this age of machines.

TGP39

Quote from: billstein on February 13, 2015, 05:01:03 PM
Thanks for sharing this. I so admire real artisans like this. We have lost so much soul in this age of machines.

+1. I enjoyed this as well. Thank you.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

madbean

Thanks, that was great. When he got chocked up near the end I was really taken by surprise. He's the real deal.

micromegas

Jokes apart, I liked it too. Not only because I like almost every documentary film about guitar making, but because I like the idea of reusing things to create other things and give them a new use.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

selfdestroyer

Truly a man that loves his craft. Very cool video/story for sure.

Cody

Droogie

He's a really nice, low-key guy. I bought a G&L Tele from him about seven years ago—I wish it could have been one of his own models. They're actually very reasonably priced compared to other craftsmen.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I went and looked him up. There's a thread at TDPRI with guys talking about waiting 2-3 years to get a guitar after putting down a deposit.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

chromesphere

Quote from: jubal81 on February 13, 2015, 11:11:30 PM
I went and looked him up. There's a thread at TDPRI with guys talking about waiting 2-3 years to get a guitar after putting down a deposit.

He should outsource to china to avoid those delays :|

Seriously though, i enjoy watching woodworking craftsman working wood, Paul Sellers youtube channel is one of my favorites.  Woodworking is an amazing skill.  It just looks so easy until you try it yourself.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

drolo

Really nice one

And a pine neck? Who'd have thought ...