News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hey, at least they WORK :)

Started by slimtriggers, June 03, 2011, 02:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

I build these things strictly to explore new tones and maybe learn a little bit.  I don't spend any time measuring or laying out drilling plans.   So, sometimes they turn out a bit wonky lookin' :)  They always work, though.  Here's a few of my latest examples of wonky-ness 8)

I ordered the wrong size trimmer for the Zygote, so I built a daughter board on vero.  Ugly but it works fine. 

I shoulda used a bigger box for the Boneyard.  I wish I could say I laid it out that way to fit my pedalboard better, but the fact is that I just ran out of places to stick things.

The 808 is a Tonepad layout that I etched.  Used a Raco box and some scavenged parts.  It has stacked IC's and BAT41 diodes for now.  Sounds awesome!  One of my favorite pedals.

The Orange Squeezer is another self-etched project.  GGG layout.  Raco box again.  I actually put a graphic on this one.  Has a very narrow window on the trimmer where the magic happens.  You can dial in some pretty good squish and bloom with this, though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

slimtriggers

Zygote ;)

slimtriggers

Guts

slimtriggers

Boneyard

slimtriggers

Guts

slimtriggers

808 frankenstein

slimtriggers

OSQ

No guts on the 808 or OSQ.  They are a MESS inside.  :D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Georgous! They all look great and Im sure sound equally!
I like the electrical box enclosure. I've been considering doing this for awhile. Also there's something I like about the look of mounting jacks on the top plate!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

slimtriggers

Hey thanks for the kind words :)

I got the idea for the electrical boxes from the pictures thread over at DIYStompboxes.  That's really a great idea!  You can build the whole circuit right on the lid, then just swap lids when you want to try something different.  Cheap and efficient! 

The Zygote and the Boneyard sound awesome together,BTW! 

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: slimtriggers on June 03, 2011, 06:44:28 PM
I got the idea for the electrical boxes from the pictures thread over at DIYStompboxes.  That's really a great idea!  You can build the whole circuit right on the lid, then just swap lids when you want to try something different.  Cheap and efficient! 

That is a great idea!!  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals