News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weener Wah II

Started by luks999, January 26, 2015, 02:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luks999

heres my weener wah
finally got it made :) (also on my blog)

i used metal films, tropical fish, polystyrene, orange drop and mallory caps (different ones for the filter caps)

built it into an old crybaby wah shell and used the whipple iductor

the boost section is very loud, but can be bypassed anyway.

sounds really great :)

Bret608

The psychedelic shag carpet makes for a highly appropriate backdrop! I'll bet the wah sounds awesome.

brejna

Looking great! Demo perhaps? :)

luks999

i like to do a demo :) hope i soon have time for this ;)

yeah, haha i knew some mention the crazy coloured carpet ;)

Hogharry

Very pretty!. The pedal is pretty good too. ;D
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

luks999

haha thanks!
i used tranny sockets, anyone know if that can cause issues in a wah pedal? (because of the steady vibration). but dont think so...

rullywowr

Quote from: luks999 on January 28, 2015, 12:39:00 PM
haha thanks!
i used tranny sockets, anyone know if that can cause issues in a wah pedal? (because of the steady vibration). but dont think so...

Looks great! 

Sockets are good for experimentation.  Once you are happy with the sound, I would highly recommend tacking them in the sockets with a bit of solder.  If you have a flux pen (another highly recommended inexpensive tool), hit each leg with flux and then solder them in so they cannot fall out.  This is especially important on a wah since it will be getting knocked around with your foot a lot.  Nothing like playing a big solo when the tranny falls out of the socket lol.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

luks999

Thanks Ben :)

Thats exactly what i imagined haha :D i will solder them in as soon as possible.
at the moment i have a little background / static noise, which is louder while increasing the sweep. im tryin now to find out, if thats the wah circuit or if i have an issue with my build....