News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Runoffgroove 18

Started by Jakes Dad, March 01, 2015, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

This etching thing is addictive!  Finished up the Runoffgroove 18 this weekend.  Etched the board using Paco de Luca's layout.  The 'art' on the front is an extra layout ironed on and coated with a couple coats of satin clear.  3PDT board from GuitarPCB and Barry's pot condoms are hidden under the board.  Knobs from Small  Bear.  Not sure this makes my Champ sound like a Marshall 18W but it does have a nice low end growl and some interesting dynamics when the Gain is rolled off.
Face:

Guts:

Chuck

selfdestroyer

Very cool idea, great job.

Cody

Coda-effects

Super cool etching ! Simple and really neat !

jprizz

I like it! Neat idea on the graphic.

flanagan0718

Great build. I love the artwork.

hylandren

Great looking build!
What's going on there with the LED? Look like you have countersunk it, but like you also notched the countersink or something...Cool look.

Jakes Dad

Quote from: hylandren on March 03, 2015, 03:57:06 PM
Great looking build!
What's going on there with the LED? Look like you have countersunk it, but like you also notched the countersink or something...Cool look.

LED is a 5mm green/red bi-color mounted to the 3PDT board.  The box is drilled with a 4.5mm (may have used a 4) bit then I use a countersink bit to create the bevel.  Usually I do this after the box is clear coated but in this case I drilled and countersank (sunk?) then coated with satin clear so the bevel is not as shiney - wasn't really intentional I just got in a rush.

Chuck