News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Remove treble cut from TS5?

Started by heady jam fan, January 26, 2015, 06:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heady jam fan

I have a TS5 I modified to be a clean boost - removed the clipping diodes and decreased the value of the R19 resistor.

I want a bit more treble though. How can I removed the treble-rolloff?
Doesn't some treble get sent to ground between the clipping circuit and the tone circuit?
IIRC, there is a cap that rolls off treble as the drive knob is turned up?

heady jam fan

Ok... I removed the treble cap in the drive circuit. I'm talking about the one that is 51pf in a TS9 (it was 47pf in my TS5). There might be a touch more treble.

What about the .22 cap? The one in series with the 1k resistor that makes the passive eq (low pass?) between the drive circuit and the active eq circuit? What if I remove or decrease that cap?

oldhousescott

Yep, there's a 0.22uF cap to ground at the input to the second stage. You can reduce the value, or remove it entirely, to restore treble in the circuit.

There is also a small cap in the feedback of the first stage, but I would just leave it there.

heady jam fan

Quote from: oldhousescott on January 26, 2015, 09:37:25 PM
Yep, there's a 0.22uF cap to ground at the input to the second stage. You can reduce the value, or remove it entirely, to restore treble in the circuit.

There is also a small cap in the feedback of the first stage, but I would just leave it there.

Thanks!

PS - so the cap in the drive circuit really doesn't make a difference for my pedal (using it as a clean boost). So I left it out of the circuit. Removing the .22uf cap to ground before the active eq gave me a lot of treble. I prefer the pedal without the .22uf cap, and just keeping the tone knob lower; I get more sparkle that keeps my clean in the mix relative to the harmonic content of my overdriven sound. If I wasn't modding a POS TS5, I'd probably replace it with a smaller value cap.