News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Riggin' Up the Average Joe way! Input/Suggestions welcomed.

Started by GrindCustoms, January 23, 2015, 04:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Quote from: Ettore_M on January 27, 2015, 03:35:08 PM
I own a Special 6 and it is a great little amp. And fully moddable. But being single-ended and a low-watter, I don't think it's a good solution for you. A bigger amp with higher headroom is what you need.  ;)
Also, I have played with a Transatlantic and it is awesome. Really! But a little pricey..

P.S. Yes guys! I'm back. After a lot of time. Almost a year.  :-\ But I always was around here reading your threads!
I'm happy I'm back! See you in my upcoming build reports.  ;)

Hector
Welcome back, Hector!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Ettore_M

Thanks a lot! Happy to be back!  ;D

Sorry for the thread derailing, Rej!  ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

midwayfair

People, people. This is turning into "list your favorite small/cheap amp."

The only reasonable way for Rej to get what he's asking is to pick the most popular budget amps. Anything more exotic than a Blues Jr. probably might as well be something Rej built himself.

gtr2

Something like the Tiny Giant project works well into your average speaker cab....
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

playpunk

Quote from: midwayfair on January 27, 2015, 05:25:14 PM

The only reasonable way for Rej to get what he's asking is to pick the most popular budget amps. Anything more exotic than a Blues Jr. probably might as well be something Rej built himself.

Do you use your HRD when you test your designs?

"my legend grows" - playpunk

midwayfair

Quote from: playpunk on January 27, 2015, 08:14:40 PM

Yes, as I said, it's my bench amp. I don't crank the clean channel in the house, obviously, but I use it all the time. It can be too easy to make stuff sound good through my other amps. Once I've finished a design I take it to the other amps and make minor adjustments from there. The dirt channels let me test something through a dirty amp, it's completely clean when I need a clean amp, and it's got a full tone stack including mids and an effects loop.

playpunk

Quote from: midwayfair on January 27, 2015, 09:02:50 PM

Yes, as I said, it's my bench amp. I don't crank the clean channel in the house, obviously, but I use it all the time. It can be too easy to make stuff sound good through my other amps. Once I've finished a design I take it to the other amps and make minor adjustments from there. The dirt channels let me test something through a dirty amp, it's completely clean when I need a clean amp, and it's got a full tone stack including mids and an effects loop.

I assume you set it flat? Just trying to get a sense of how you do things...
"my legend grows" - playpunk

midwayfair

Quote from: playpunk on January 27, 2015, 09:10:18 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on January 27, 2015, 09:02:50 PM

I assume you set it flat? Just trying to get a sense of how you do things...

I usually put the controls at noon unless there's a specific reason I want to put the mids all the way up.

alanp

Ha, that's why my MG15 is my test amp. If something sounds okay through it (as opposed to crap), I know it'll be a right cracker through the Twin, or the JCM.

Plus I really don't care if a test pedal blows it up.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website