Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Afterlife Build

Started by irfrench, February 02, 2015, 03:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irfrench

Hi all.

Long time lurker - first post.

Over Christmas I told a friend I'd build him a pedal - he finally got back with a request for a subtle compressor for bass so I decided on an Afterlife build...  As always the boards were sent out quick-smart and arrived in the UK nice and quickly.

I decided that as this will be gigged loads I'd etch the enclosure rather than risk my suspect finishing 'skillz' - my first attempt at such - and I think my decision to go 'a bit old and rubbish looking' was a good one!

Thanks for such a great sounding and simple project!

And as for guts - well - as this was an upside-down install its a bit tough getting a decent picture but here's one anyway!

Cheers,
Ian

:)

Luke51411

Nice build! What was the reason behind the upside down install?(just curious)

irfrench

Thanks!

In all honesty I thought it'd look better that way up!  Kinda in keeping with the old fashioned/worn/'functional' look!

Ian

Luke51411

Quote from: irfrench on February 02, 2015, 04:59:46 PM
Thanks!

In all honesty I thought it'd look better that way up!  Kinda in keeping with the old fashioned/warn/'functional' look!

Ian
Nice! I like it, goes with the look!

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

billstein

Nice build. I think the upside-down choice was a good one. I'm going to have to try that one day.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

irfrench

Thanks all!  I really hope he likes it!

Quote from: billstein on February 02, 2015, 07:42:27 PM
Nice build. I think the upside-down choice was a good one. I'm going to have to try that one day.

I really like it until comes to final stuff... Its really easy to work on - until the last moment if you're trying to keep wire length down.

Ian.

Hogharry

I think the etch worked out well. I like the upside down effect but I'm fighting the urge to turnmit over. ;D
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Leevibe

Great job. It takes a little more planning to mount to the lid, but I like that you did it because you were going for that look. This is a case where the pedal is going to look better with age. Those screw head will look fantastic when they get all grunged up.