News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Tonebender

Started by SmoothAction, January 25, 2015, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmoothAction

This is the Madbean Si Tonebender. Fuzzy as heck. Built it stock with a 2n3904 at Q1, 2n5088 at Q2 and Q3. Moved the bias trim to a pot. Im not crazy about fuzz, but this one can totally do the 'wall of fuzz' thing super easy. I enjoyed building it and am enjoying playing it. I want to thank Brian personally, he sent me this pcb and a few others. Good guy, that 'bean. 8)

My buddy did the artwork which was hard to photograph. He used gold nail polish and a blue paint pen. Looks great, stuck with the theme inside and out.

The bottom plate was an experiment, wet toner transfer. Lay some mod podge down on the enclosure, drop the graphic on top, then let dry. Once dried you run it under cold water and take the paper off. Not super clean, but if I was patient it would have come out nearly perfect. Will be doing this in the future for sure.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

SmoothAction

Thanks Alanp!

It's just good to be building again.

I'm certainly not a photographer, in seeing these pics again I want to take better ones in the future. Which we live in. The future.

Thanks, it is a cute little one.

Max

raulduke

Cool build and cute kitteh to top it off.

wgc

cool build Max, I gotta try that toner transfer thing sometime.

no led?
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

SmoothAction

Nope, no LED. I thought I'd save the few I have for effects that are less obvious like compression or boosters. It's pretty easy to tell when this is on haha.

The wet toner transfer is really easy, give it a whirl Billy! Next time I want to try full color graphics on white primer. We'll see.

Thanks guys.
Max

mcallisterra

What type of paper do you use for that wet toner transfer?

SmoothAction

Regular computer paper, nothing fancy. I used a hair dryer to dry the mod podge faster.

mcallisterra

Interesting. Came out great!