News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sparklehorn Parts Swaps 1uf caps

Started by claytushaywood, January 23, 2015, 07:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

I only have about 10 1uf film caps left and I'm trying to cut down the 5 called for in the sparklehorn.  I suppose I'd like to use the 1uf's in the signal path.  But how about c8 and c9.  Would that make a difference?  Can I just put the ground connected to each of their 100k resistors that go to ground?  Maybe c7?

I know this is cheap but there's another lesson in here for electrolytic orientation which I still dont understand very well at some points.

madbean

Sure. Just as you said...keep the positive ends toward the voltage sources and neg. ends on those resistors.

claytushaywood

Thanks!  Now, my pt2399's are locking up again like on my last pt2399 project!  Should I try hardwiring pins 3 and 4 of the pt2399 together?

flanagan0718

Quote from: claytushaywood on January 23, 2015, 07:06:08 AM
I only have about 10 1uf film caps left and I'm trying to cut down the 5 called for in the sparklehorn.  I suppose I'd like to use the 1uf's in the signal path.  But how about c8 and c9.  Would that make a difference?  Can I just put the ground connected to each of their 100k resistors that go to ground?  Maybe c7?

I know this is cheap but there's another lesson in here for electrolytic orientation which I still dont understand very well at some points.

Film or Electros either way if you PM me I can send you a bunch...I got some spares.

madbean

Quote from: claytushaywood on January 23, 2015, 07:05:50 PM
Thanks!  Now, my pt2399's are locking up again like on my last pt2399 project!  Should I try hardwiring pins 3 and 4 of the pt2399 together?

Yes. It seems to be rather unpredictable, doesn't it? I think I will just tie these pins together on all future versions of PT2399 projects. It's weird, because the Rebote does not tie those pins but I do not recall hearing much of a problem with lockups. Just another peccadillo with this magnificent chip we have to use!