News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ss2 op amp

Started by playpunk, December 28, 2014, 05:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

I just got some time with the awesome duplex drive.... I was not a fan of the lm1458 I put in it... It was really buzzy unpleasant distortion. Nothing like the demos I have heard.

Put in a 5532 and it was a little better, and a 4558 which was the best of the three. Anybody else have a op amp recommendation for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

RobA

LM833 is always worth a try.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

playpunk

I will give that one a go too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davent

Not familiar with the circuit but would your basic TL072 and family work?

Maybe the various Burr Brown dual incarnations; OPA2227, OPA2604, OPA2132... no idea really but have used the various BB's in headphone amps with great results.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

playpunk

Are the burr brown's available at mouser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davent

They should be, got mine at Digikey but i believe they're pretty common opamps, pricy compared to what we usually throw into stomps.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

RobA

Quote from: playpunk on December 29, 2014, 01:20:36 AM
Are the burr brown's available at mouser?
Yeah Mouser has them most of the time. They are usually cheaper at Avnet though.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

playpunk

I have to make a mouser order anyways, so I will most likely get them there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk