News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

tayda discount code?

Started by danwelsh, December 17, 2014, 01:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Anyone hear of a new code for tayda?.....I got a couple hundred items in my cart and wouldn't mind saving a few bucks.

Shrtyska9

The last one ended two days ago so it may be the first week of January for another. But you know how that works as soon as you order a new coupon code pops up.

Richard

Richard

danwelsh

Yea......no doubt. I guess that explains why there is no 1590a or b enclosures in stock as well.....

Luke51411

Quote from: danwelsh on December 17, 2014, 01:38:16 AM
Yea......no doubt. I guess that explains why there is no 1590a or b enclosures in stock as well.....
They don't include enclosures in the coupons anymore.

mremic01

Quote from: Luke51411 on December 17, 2014, 02:16:31 PM
Quote from: danwelsh on December 17, 2014, 01:38:16 AM
They don't include enclosures in the coupons anymore.

That's a shame. BLMS sells the same enclosures and for cheaper, with better prices on shipping. Every one you add to your cart makes the shipping jump up quite a bit. I used to get my 1590BBs from Tayda, but realized it was cheaper to just place a second order with BLMS than to include them when I stock up on caps and other stuff.

Luke51411

Yeah I get my enclosures from BLMS and a few other things like the low profile dc jacks, knobs etc. He is expanding too, he just added 1590BBT (tall) enclosures. I'll probably get my next round of stomp switches from him too. Most of his stuff is cheaper than tayda and probably better quality. Plus he has excellent customer service.

davent

What's BLMS's shipping like to Canada for enclosures?
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

mremic01

Quote from: Luke51411 on December 17, 2014, 07:22:25 PM
Yeah I get my enclosures from BLMS and a few other things like the low profile dc jacks, knobs etc. He is expanding too, he just added 1590BBT (tall) enclosures. I'll probably get my next round of stomp switches from him too. Most of his stuff is cheaper than tayda and probably better quality. Plus he has excellent customer service.

I've found the quality of the stomp switches a bit less than what I was getting from Tayda. They feel cheaper and a bit less sturdy, but I haven't had any that were duds. It's more of a feel thing than anything else, and it may just be that those manufacturing runs were crappier than others. The enclosures seem to be from the same manufacturer, and are much nicer than 4site/Mammoth enclosures.

GermanCdn

Quote from: davent on December 17, 2014, 08:18:21 PM
What's BLMS's shipping like to Canada for enclosures?

Last time I checked (like 6 months ago), it started as $12USD, and at 6 enclosures it went up to $35US IIRC.  In the PPP range for shipping charges.  Cost prohibitive on raw enclosures if you can live with Tayda boxes (I don't buy raw boxes anymore, so PPP is the only option unless Mammoth is having a huge sale and I don't mind chips).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

Thank you Curtis! I'll stick with the usual suspects then for raws, Digikey, Mouser...
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

flanagan0718

They posted one about an hour ago
GOODBYE2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selfdestroyer

Quote from: flanagan0718 on December 19, 2014, 11:47:45 PM
They posted one about an hour ago
GOODBYE2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect time, Thanks

Cody

lars