News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sweet, sweet birthday cash means fun fun for bean (bean)

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 02:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Got a real nice GC for Sweetwater for my cake day. Have this on the way....really high hopes on it! Between this an already having Amplitube I am ashamed to admit I will never have to plug into an effect or amp to record all the song demos I want.  :-[

madbean

Also, SW gave me a $50 GC just for buying the thing. So, that's nice.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on December 19, 2014, 03:19:38 PM
Also, SW gave me a $50 GC just for buying the thing. So, that's nice.

For some reason that reminds me of a quote:

"And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Congrats on the cool toy, Brian.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Shrtyska9

Big hitter the lama.

Man the triple play looks sweet. To be able to play vsti's without having to learn to play keyboards.

Richard

Richard

selfdestroyer

I have been avoiding my Sweetwater rep since I am broke this time this year... Makes sure to update us on this thing as it looks pretty awesome by the videos I have seen.

Cody

Govmnt_Lacky

Good score Brian!!

I'm surprised that they issued you a GC when you used one for the purchase  ???

gordo

You'll like it. I was impressed with the tracking and the software suite is very good. I'm completely stumped as to how they get six strings back to the laptop via Bluetooth with little to no noticeable latency.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Quote from: gordo on December 19, 2014, 05:30:23 PM
You'll like it. I was impressed with the tracking and the software suite is very good. I'm completely stumped as to how they get six strings back to the laptop via Bluetooth with little to no noticeable latency.

Me too.  The latency on most Bluetooth profiles is significant.  I wonder if they are using the AptX profile:

http://www.csr.com/products/aptx-low-latency
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

On a scale of awesome, one being kinda awesome, ten being most awesomess possible, I think this is a solid nine. The pickup is soo much fun to play with. The bundled software is actually pretty good...lots of sounds to explore. Tracking and latency are also great, including bends and slides.

I am having a problem with my actual interface so I can't be definitive on the latency of the Fishman since my buffer size is pretty high right now. It's a problem I've been having for a while. But, from what I can tell it does what they dais it would do.

In any case, it is pricey but I cannot see it being a waste if you have a specific use for it. I will be using it to generate song ideas and make demos.

Setup and pairing was easy enough. I did have to shim the neck on my Strat a bit as well as raise the action to accommodate the height of the pup. But, the neck pocket on that guitar is a actually a bit too deep which is the reason for the adjustment. If I had installed it on the SG I don't think I would have to make any adjustments.