News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slambox Build

Started by nogoodguitarpicker, May 22, 2011, 01:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nogoodguitarpicker

The reason I started this Slambox project had a lot to do with the fact that it would let me make good use of a lot of stragglers in my parts bin. The pedal is much better than my old boost, though, so it's staying on the board. Love the sparkle it adds to my tone, and it really brings out the "Strattiness" in the middle of my son's Nashville Tele.

Is the 125B overkill?  Maybe, but it was left over from another project (just the box - the graphics are unique), so this was a way to make good use of it. Besides, I'm using a Pedaltrain Pro, so no lack for space.

jkokura

Love it. I like how in your face it is.

And no, the 125B is a perfect size. It's the smallest enclosure I put anything with a stomp switch into.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

dwstanford

Welcome to the forum.  This is a cool looking pedal.  Could you show us the guts?  The first pedal I ever built was an SHO and I was blown away by how useful it is.  I almost didn't build it because I was planning on building a box of rock, which has one in the boost stage, but I did anyway to build my confidence and I'm glad I did. it stays in my signal chain all the time. If you like this, you'll probably love the super duper and the box of rock (or distortion).  Both are more intense versions of this pedal sound.

k.rock!

Wham! Sucka! haha that is great man...welcome to the forum!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice job. Welcome to our forum and I hope to see more builds from you!
Gut shot would be cool too.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

slimtriggers