News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

glitterratti noise

Started by dellamorte, May 20, 2011, 02:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellamorte

m having some issues with my glitteratti ( iron transfer pcb) there is a sort of fizzy buzz quietly behind the overdrive. i checked my voltages and all are right except im getting 9v on pin 7 of ic2 and ideas why ? i have checked over the board and cant find and bad joints / bridges.

jkokura

Is it in an enclosure yet? What happens if you move the wires?

Overdrives are by nature amplifying. If there's any noise in your signal before the pedal, it will be amplified by the pedal. Sometimes the fizz comes from pickups, or from other pedals, or from poorly shielded cables. It may not be the pedals fault.

If it is, you could try re routing some of the wires, or making them shorter if they're very long. Without more details from you, I don't know what else to tell you right now.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

dellamorte

its not noise like hum its more faint distortion behind the overdrive like a mis biased fuzz

jkokura

Sorry man.

You're going to need to go take a look at the "how to get tech help" thread, and then maybe give us some more details. Read through and find the tips on how to debug. Those are the first steps towards finding the problem.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals