News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Building a K**ley C4 Comp, help with spanish translation needed

Started by small fish, January 04, 2015, 07:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small fish

Hi,
I found the attached "instruction" to build a Keeley 4K-Comp, based on the tonepad layout.
Though I´m not speakin spanish, maybe someone can help me, if I translated the pic in the right way.
I will start left upper corner and go ccw (attached pic).

- Sustain pot will be 500k C instead of the 500k-B
- Attack pot will be a 150k-C, connected to the 150k resistor, omit the 150k resistor
- Cd will be changed to 150pF cap
- All of the 1uF / 10uF elecs will be changed to tantal caps, 25V or 35V, same value
- 1uF elec on the right lower corner will be changed to np metalfilm or film cap, value: 1uF
- 2k trim-pot may be replaced by 2 x 1k resistors
- clipping pot is connected to 1uF cap and 1M resistor, trace between 1M R and 1uF C will be cut
- 0.05uF cap in the upper center will be changed to 47nF cap
- Level-pot will be changed to 50K-B

maybe some spanish speaking member is willing to help me or somebody who already built the C4?
tia to all
regards,
Carsten
Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!

GrindCustoms

Pickdropper have a board for this project, would be far easier and have been built by couple guys here.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pierre67

hi !
I did not build it but as far as I know you got the translation right...the cd cap (150pF) has to be a multilayer cap...

micromegas

Quote from: small fish on January 04, 2015, 07:05:30 PM
Hi,
I found the attached "instruction" to build a Keeley 4K-Comp, based on the tonepad layout.
Though I´m not speakin spanish, maybe someone can help me, if I translated the pic in the right way.
I will start left upper corner and go ccw (attached pic).

- Sustain pot will be 500k C instead of the 500k-B
- Attack pot will be a 150k-C, connected to the 150k resistor, omit the 150k resistor
(do not forget the 10k resistor)
- Cd will be changed to 150pF cap (multilayer)
- All of the 1uF / 10uF elecs will be changed to tantal caps, 25V or 35V, same value
- 1uF elec on the right lower corner will be changed to np metalfilm or film cap, value: 1uF
- 2k trim-pot may be replaced by 2 x 1k resistors
- clipping pot is connected to 1uF cap and 1M resistor, trace between 1M R and 1uF C will be cut (with a 2n2 cap between lugs 1 and 2)
- 0.05uF cap in the upper center will be changed to 47nF cap
- Level-pot will be changed to 50K-B

maybe some spanish speaking member is willing to help me or somebody who already built the C4?
tia to all
regards,
Carsten

Everything else looks fine

(I haven't built it but Spanish is my mother tongue  ;))
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

small fish

thx to all,
especially the advice for the multilayer cap!
....got to place an order.
I built the Ross-comp some time ago and I´m wondering, if the Keeley really is "top-notch" as everybody admits.
thx guys
:)
Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!