News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moon Lander

Started by Luke51411, November 23, 2014, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I built a GuitarPCB DSOTM Luna Fuzz and called it the Moon Lander not realizing that JMK has a pcb called the moon lander... I hope no offense is taken. As you may be able to tell from the pics, I'm not exactly a perfectionist... the pots are a little cockeyed, the paint is a little bit crinkled... Oh well. Overall I'm mostly happy with this one. The guts don't look too bad. The stomp mounted pcb makes it a bit easier to have neat wiring though I tried pretty hard to screw it up wiring the wrong pot twice and making the leads too short. For some reason I seem to always have trouble fitting things into 1590B enclosures, almost more so than 1590As. I guess I need to work on precision. I'm happy with the ability to fit top mounted jacks for minimum profile. I used 2 bc107b and 1 2n2222 transistors because that's what I had and it sounded good. I started with all 3 2n2222 and didn't really care for it so I dug up the 107s. Anyway It sounds pretty good.

Cortexturizer

I completely dig it.
Also, the insides are great.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Luke51411

Sometimes mistakes end up fitting in with the theme, I think the messed up paint on the bottom kind of makes it look like a galaxy.

cooder

Very cool and top mounted jacks rule! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Hogharry

Looks great, I'm all for a nice space theme. My Luna Fuzz has aluminium knobs too, maybe that's why it sounds so good! 😀
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Luke51411

I haven't yet gotten around to warterslide decals/etching or any of the other clean/pretty finishing techniques so I'm just exploring all the looks I can get out of a rattle can, so far I've had good success with distressed looking pedals and I like how this one turned out as well. For the labels, I used an engraver freehand, then I paint the base color a few coats, then I paint the text color since the engraving is still lower than the paint, wait for it to dry and sand it flat so the words stand out. This method can look as clean as my handwriting with an engraver... I have admittedly sloppy handwriting...

Hogharry

Looks good. If I tried that even I wouldn't know what it said!  ;)
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...