News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny Battery Power Issues (Works with wall wart/not with battery)

Started by Mojo Fandangle, December 06, 2014, 06:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo Fandangle

I made a MudBunny Rams Head for a friend.
It works well when powered by a wall wart but when powered by battery, you engage the footswitch and the LED briefly glows then fizzles out.
When powered by battery, there is no fuzz effect, even at the time when the LED is briefly glowing.
It did work well with both battery and wall wart for a week until the problem occurred.
The guitar signal passes through as normal when the effect is off.
The battery is new and has plenty of voltage left in it.

Tried swapping the battery clip but still having same problem.
Tried swapping the positive terminals on the DC Jack so that the wall powers positive and battery powers positive terminals were swapped but that gives me the exact same problem happening with both wall power and battery and leaves the pedal not functioning with either power source.

Any assistance with sorting out this problem would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help.

"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

Stomptown

What wiring diagram did you follow?  Did you use a stereo jack for the imput? Did you use a switched 9V power jack?  Can you post pics?

Mojo Fandangle

Quote from: Stomptown on December 06, 2014, 07:05:32 AM
What wiring diagram did you follow?  Did you use a stereo jack for the imput? Did you use a switched 9V power jack?  Can you post pics?

Problem sorted now but thanks for offering to help out.

The problem was a bad solder on the footswitch where the wire from the sleeve of the stereo jack goes to the footswitches bottom left grounding terminal. It must've been a bad join.
I just dabbed my soldering iron on that point to get a better join then tested the pedal again and it worked.

I guess it worked okay with a wall wart because the DC jack was grounded straight to pcb.

Anyways, Thanks again for offering to help out. Much appreciated

"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally