News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Heads up on more EoL transistors

Started by RobA, December 04, 2014, 06:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

Got an email alert from Mouser this morning about On Semi moving the J310 and 2n5089 PTH transistors to end-of-life. I checked a few others, including the 2n3904 from On Semi and they are listed as EoL too. Things must be getting serious if they are killing off the 2n3904.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

culturejam

Damn it, Rob! You're supposed to keep quiet for a week or two so all us parts whores can buy bulk before the proletariat gets wind of the changes.  >:(
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Govmnt_Lacky

Fairchild still has the 5088s and the J113 in TH. Get 'em while you can!  :o

RobA

Quote from: culturejam on December 04, 2014, 06:50:34 PM
Damn it, Rob! You're supposed to keep quiet for a week or two so all us parts whores can buy bulk before the proletariat gets wind of the changes.  >:(
Sorry about that. I figured everyone would have bought up all the 2n3904/6's they'd need and no one seems to care about the J310. I was just kinda looking at it as a further sign of the times.

On the good side, they've still got 11,048 of the 2N5089 in stock. The bad side is that they seem to jump the price the instant they go EoL. If you've got something in PTH that you want to stock up on, I wouldn't wait until the EoL notice comes out.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).