NINT Quantum Clipping Overdrive Prototype: Cutting Edge Tech for Analog Overdriv

Started by neve1272, November 30, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neve1272

this really is interesting to me and how cool if we could start building SS amps....
Kip

jubal81

I've been following this and I'm pretty excited. After mostly abandoning diode clipping I'd love to try these out with some circuits I loved, but were just too noisy.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

sonarchotic

Yeah, the SS amp application does seem to have potential. It would be great to be able to build more affordable amps.

I love that the scientist working on leading edge quantum electronics decides to build a guitar pedal with their work ;D

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

m-Kresol

I think I have to go to my friends in organic electronics and tell them they have to synthesize the molecules for me so I can deposit them on some electrodes...  8)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Leevibe

Matt

2 questions

1:Has anyone traced that pcb yet?
2:What's the mouser number for the molecular thing?

Just kidding sounds really good
Matt

blearyeyes

OK? Uhhh well ok lets get samples out to all of the guitar pedal builders like me.. Right?

SAMPLES! 

Actually really liked the sound of the clipping he liked..

Cool Quantum Pedals from Canada!

preskitt91

Awesome! I like the idea of quantum physics in my pedal. Plus, that soft clipping looks awful tube-like.

Let's just hope these molecular junctions become available to the DIY crowd soon!