News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Snack Shack not too "fuzzy"?

Started by k.rock!, May 14, 2011, 01:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Ok, so I put together this Snack Shack and in Q2 I had a 2N2222a. When I plugged it in it sounded really clean and a little bit overdriven when the knob was all the way up. I then changed it to a NTE199 which is a High Gain, Low Noise transistor with hFE of 400-900 which I expected off the walls fuzz. Definitely sounded a bit more fuzzy but I think there is something wrong cause it still sounds gated. It almost feels like I have something backwards but this is not the case. Having such a low part count it's very easy to check this. The pinout of the NTE is ECB so I was careful to bend the leads and fit it into the PCB. The 2N3904 has the flat side facing the pot. C4 has the positive lead towards the pot and C6 has the plus facing left on the PCB.

Sorry I dont have a picture right now, Im typing this on my phone. I will upload a picture as soon as I can, but in the mean time, can anybody maybe post some voltages off the trannies, or maybe suggest something that I I can check that comes to mind?

Thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

OK. So here's a picture of what I have on this pedal...

Any help would be really appreciated! thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

Anybody? :)

I'm not sure if it has to do with any of the caps? I mean, both transistors are new, all resistors as well, the switch is new, the PCB is new as well (apparently I had a defective one at first) and I'm sure I don't have any shorts or soldering issues anywhere...

Thanks guys

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

sprayfe

Voltages? And double check those resistors! Had the same problem-
Had a 100r instead of 100k if I remember correctly.

k.rock!

Quote from: sprayfe on May 15, 2011, 05:00:26 PM
Voltages? And double check those resistors! Had the same problem-
Had a 100r instead of 100k if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the reply man! The resistors all check out. I measured all with a DMM and they are all good.

I was going to post some voltages on my lunch break today but this morning I grabbed a battery and a jumper cable to be able to measure it with my DMM but then I remembered this pedal is only using a DC jack for power :( (bummer)

I'll measure it when I get home tonight though. Thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com