News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fat Fuzz Factory (Guitar PCB Industrial Fuzz + Pudgii switch)

Started by cajone5, October 19, 2016, 03:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

Well, I have to say, this has been on the "to do" list for quite some time and I'm very please to finally have it finished.  This is seriously a must have pedal for fuzz fanatics and it's quite a simple build too.  I can't believe it's taken me so long to finally build one up for myself.  For transistors, I tried AC128's in standard hfe ranges (100 for Q2 and 130 for Q3) but found I preferred a higher gain set of AC188's (130 / 170).  The quirky "K" heat sink case also seemed fitting for a fuzz factory.  Anyway here it is...

I definitely think I'll be building a 7-knob fuzz factory soon with all the Joe Gagan recommended mods including socketing Q1 and trying some NPN germanium transistors there (or maybe having a Q1 Ge/Si switch... hm...).  That guy really has this circuit figured out.

Anyway, this one has left me really pleased.  The offboard wiring of the pots was a huge pain but the end result is quite neat and tidy.  I can usually work cleanly in large enclosures so this was a test.  One that I fortunately feel I passed  ;D

Man I love building fuzz pedals.

m-Kresol

Turned out really nice and tidy. There's a 8 knob version over at aion electronics for 1590B if you feel adventerous  8)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

cajone5

Ordering at least a couple of the PCBs today as they just went back in stock. Looking forward to checking that one out for sure.

m-Kresol

saw the other thread already ;) glad you found something you like.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

warriorpoet

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 19, 2016, 04:12:34 PM
Turned out really nice and tidy. There's a 8 knob version over at aion electronics for 1590B if you feel adventerous  8)

That one is awesome. I have mine in a swirl box. So epic.

One hint: DO NOT solder the pots to the board until you mount it in the enclosure. I had to do a little hole trimming on mine ;)
Mzo.FX, Owner

Boba7

It looks really nice, simple and nice. Great job!
Yeah the 8 knobs FF is quite tempting... :)